Early November Call of Duty fans get to return to WWII with Call of Duty: Vanguard, but an extended beta period will kick off first. After the multiplayer reveal on the 7th of September, Activision will launch a bunch of betas. Here’s how to get in.
Call of Duty: Vanguard Beta
To get into one of the four Call of Duty: Vanguard beta testing periods, you actually don’t have to do anything. Given that Activision has an exclusivity deal with Sony, you’ll have more time to test or try out the game on PlayStation. Furthermore, if you’ve pre-ordered Vanguard, you’ll get even more time with the game pre launch.
As for how to get in, if you’ve pre-ordered the game on a platform of your choice, just go into your library to download and play the Vanguard beta when it’s live. If you’re waiting for the open beta periods, you can find the game in the virtual store of your preferred platform when the beta is live. Add the game to your library there to download and play the game.
Below you’ll find all the beta periods for Call of Duty: Vanguard, including supported platforms, and requirements to get in. All dates are referring to September 2021.
- PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 closed beta (pre-order): Friday 10th – Monday 13th
- PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 open beta: Thursday 16th – Monday 20th
- Xbox One, Series X/S, and PC closed beta (pre-order): Thursday 16th and Friday 17th
- Xbox One, Series X/S, and PC open beta: Saturday 18th – Monday 20th
What to expect
At the end of August, Activision launched an alpha for Call of Duty: Vanguard. Over the course of a couple of days, the devs tested out the new Champion Hill competitive mode. For the upcoming beta’s Activision a slew of modes will be tested.
Game modes in Call of Duty: Vanguard Beta
- Champion Hill (Solos, Duos, Trios)
- Team Deathmatch
- Kill Confirmed
- Patrol (Kicking off Saturday of Weekend 1)
- Search and Destroy (Weekend 2)
Players will also be able to test out the new ‘Combat Pacing’ feature which allows players to play games at different levels of intensity. We will go more in depth on that closer to the Beta launch.