Sons of the Forest is a survival horror game that challenges you to explore a mysterious island full of cannibals and secrets. There’s tons of secrets above, but for some of the underwater secrets in the game, there’s no way to reach them without drowning. But lucky for you, with this guide you’ll be able to find the rebreather location in Sons of The Forest in no time.
Without a doubt, one of the most helpful items that you’ll want to find in this game is the rebreather. The rebreather allows you to breathe underwater and access some of the hidden areas in the caves and lakes on the map. Finding the rebreather is not very hard. It’s located in a moderately challenging cave on the north beach of the island. You can find it relatively early in your adventure if you know where to look.
Rebreather Location: How to Find the Rebreather in Sons of the Forest?
The rebreather is located in a cave indicated on the map above. The cave will show on your GPS tracker when you get nearby. This cave is on the northern part of the island, near the beach. To enter the cave, you’ll need to break down some boards with your axe at its entrance. Then squeeze yourself through by pressing E.
Inside the cave, it’s very dark so make sure to have something in your inventory to light your way. There are also enemies waiting for you inside, so be prepared to fight or avoid them. Follow these steps to reach the rebreather:
- Go inside and collect the loot nearby, make sure to grab the air tank.
- Continue further into the cave until you reach a fork in the path of the cave.
- Take a left turn. Dodge or kill the several enemies that are lurking in this section.
- Keep going forward until you reach a large pool of water with a pool float in the middle. Don’t fall into the water yet, as there is a shark (or two) waiting for you below!
- Go around the right side of the room to find the rebreather.
- Press E to equip the rebreather and put it on your face.
Congratulations! You have found the rebreather in Sons Of The Forest! Now you can use it to swim underwater and explore more areas in the caves! To exit this cave, you will have to dive into the water with your rebreather on and swim through a hole in the wall beneath you. This will lead you back out to the ocean.
Image credit: Endnight Games