The latest Modern Warfare update is now live and as usual Game Enthusiast is here to dissect all of the latest details.
The patch addresses a big chunk of bugs, fixes, and weapon balancing that players have been calling for since the launch of Modern Warfare last month. Players will also be given two new maps with the update: Krovnik Farmland for Ground War and Shoot House for Multiplayer. And yes, all of this new content is available for everyone, for free, across all platforms.
Along with the weapon balancing and other fixes, players will also find that Hardpoint has been added to the lineup of game types. For those new to the franchise, hardpoint is a team based game with a single capture point that rotates between multiple locations on a timed basis. Shoot House 24/7 has also been added into the playlist options for Team Deathmatch, Domination, Kill Confirmed, and Headquarters.
While you can check out the full patch notes here, we have picked out some of the ones that we thought you might be interested in. Take a look:
- 725 Shotgun: Increase to ADS and Hip Spread, reduced damage range
- M4A1 Assault Rifle: Reduced damage range, small recoil increase
- Assault Rifles: Increased hip spread to reduce effectiveness up close, less damage at long range for full auto 5.56 rifles
- SMGs: Increased move speed, increased ADS move speed, small reduction in sprint out time
- Detonating an enemy claymore with bullets is now non-lethal when at full health
- Reduced the trigger and damage radius and also reduced the damage width to better match the trigger width
- Increased the occlusion percentage to filter footstep sounds behind geometry
- Adjusted the footstep volume at a distance
Other weapon balances included changes to the LMG’s and pistols. Changes were also indicated for the Ground War, Cyber Attack, and Special Ops game types.
The reddit post does explain that some of the elements of the game would be getting more tweaks later. From the post, it looks like footsteps, challenges, riot shields, and the battle chatter would all be getting more tweaks in future updates.
For now it seems that this latest update will fix most of the big issues that have been plaguing Modern Warfare since launch. You should see a steady flow of content coming out of Modern Warfare through 2020 especially after the launch of Season 1 with the Battle Pass coming next month. And with a huge number of maps reportedly in the works, Modern Warfare is bound to keep players engaged for quite a while.