Battlefield 2042 has finally been revealed, alongside a new character system called Specialists. In this article, we’ll take a look at the ten individual characters, their Specialty, and Trait. Note that DICE has only revealed four of the ten Specialists so far. We’ll update the article as soon as more specialists are revealed.
Each of the four Specialists belong to the four classes, already known to Battlefield veterans. Assault, Support, Recon, and Engineer are the four classes that BF2042 players can choose from once again.
Although all ten Specialists belong to one of those four classes, they have specialized gear and abilities to give you a few options within a set class. Of course, the rest of their loadouts are entirely customizable. More Specialists will come out over the upcoming seasons.
Battlefield 2042: Meet the Specialists
Webster Mackay – Assault
Mackay is all about mobility, quickly gaining the upper hand in a firefight through positioning. With his grappling hook, he can get to (elevated) positions quickly, while his passive Trait gives him a speed boost in firefights.
- Specialty: Grappling Hook – Fires a rope that pulls player towards the attach point
- Trait: Nimble – Move more quickly when aiming down sights
Maria Falck – Support
Falck is all about getting her teammates up, or preferably, keep them from getting downed. She can heal friendlies (or damage enemies) from afar with the Syrette Pistol, while reviving teammates with full health.
- Specialty: Syerette Pistol – Fires a healing / damaging dart
- Trait: Combat Surgeon – Revived allies have full health right away
Pyotr ‘Boris’ Guskovsky – Engineer
Boris has access to a heavy-duty sentry turret that does some of the hard work for him. Apparently he can even deploy the sentry anywhere on the map.
- Specialty: SG-36 Sentry System – Automatic combat sentry that spots and engages enemies within a certain distance
- Trait: Sentry Operator – Standing close to the sentry, boosts its efficiency. At killing
Wikus ‘Casper’ van Daele – Recon
Casper is all about gaining intel and taking out enemies from afar. He has a deployable drone at his disposal, that spots enemies. It can also emit an EMP to throw off enemies, and temporarily disable machinery. If someone tries to sneak up to him, he’ll be alerted.
- Specialty: OV-P Recon Drone – A recon drone that can fly autonomously and be controlled, spots enemies and disrupts tech
- Trait: Movement Sensor – Alerts you when someone approaches, both while sniping and when flying the drone
More Battlefield 2042 Specialists will be revealed in the upcoming months. For starters, the trailer shows a badass with a wingsuit. That’s possibly another Specialty we can look out for. Stay tuned through our Facebook page to get notified when news on Battlefield 2042 comes out!
Battlefield 2042 is slated for a release on October 22nd for PC, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X | S, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. On June 13th, we’ll get the first look at some gameplay.
Image credit: Electronic Arts