Infinity Ward senior community manager, Ashton Williams, tweeted Wednesday that the Modern Warfare Season Four update will be a large download across all platforms. The Season Four update is set to go live on June 10 at 11PM PT, after being postponed last week. Although the download is going to be a large download, Infinity Ward developers are working to compress multiple assets. So when the download is complete, the actual install will only take up 4 GB of space.
Ashton also said in another tweet that they will be making these same kind of adjustments across other assets to help reduce file sizes as well as implementing this process in future updates. This should help significantly, especially for console owners. She also mentions that if users are concerned about space, they can uninstall the content packs for game modes they aren’t using.
Make some room
Here’s how to remove content packs you’re not using if you need to free up some space:
- Launch Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.
- When you reach the main menu, select Options.
- Navigate to the General tab.
- Scroll to the bottom and select Game Installs.
- Highlight any DLC pack installs you wish to uninstall.
- Data Pack 1 – required for access to Campaign, Multiplayer, and Spec Ops
- Campaign Pack 1 (Xbox One only) – required to play Campaign
- Campaign Pack 2 (Xbox One only) – required to play Campaign
- Multiplayer Pack (Xbox One only) – required to play Multiplayer
- Multiplayer Pack 2 – required to play Multiplayer
- Special Ops Pack – required to play Special Ops
- Special Ops Pack 2 – required to play Special Ops
- Survival Pack (PlayStation 4 only) – required to play Special Ops Survival
- Select Uninstall, then select Confirm.
Note:If you choose to revisit DLC packs you uninstalled, you can redownload them through your platform’s Store.
Stay tuned for news regarding the Modern Warfare Season Four update.